It is useful to explore some of these tools.
I can see the value of Google Docs, especially to have the ability to log in around the world and see your docs - great for travellers. Also it gives a free alternative to Microsoft products.
The Map feature is terrific - good fun to play with! I think you need to take the directions with a grain of salt (I still think I'll refer to my Melways for Melbourne directions!). But how terrific for areas you are not familiar with. And for organisations to add their locations etc, a wonderful tool.
The Book search feature has excellent potential for both librarians and the general public. I used an example of books published by the Bureau of Immigration Research. This was a Commonwealth Government organisation, that was closed in 1996. I was the Librarian in their Melbourne office. They published many titles. I think it is useful for anyone not familiar with the Libraries Australia database (ie non-library people), to search for these publications, and then to use the links to see what libraries hold the material. Very useful tool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment